Here's a step by step description of the RV Roof Repair Procedure:
1. Remove all roof top fixtures, roof vents, plumbing vents, A/C etc. A heat gun is a great help to soften the roof coat around the fixtures so that it can be scraped off.
2. Remove all edge moldings around the rim of the roof, then remove the staples holding the metal roof to the sidewall edge. The overhanging lip is straightened out to allow the roof metal to be rolled up without tearing it. If you will be reusing the roof metal, take it down carefully while rolled up.
3. Remove and discard the insulation if it is wet. You'll now see all the exposed wiring that runs through the roof. Make a careful diagram of where all the wires run, and the colors, so that they can be replaced exactly where they were. A Polaroid or digital camera is useful for this. Remove all interior light fixtures and anything else that is attached to the ceiling.
4. If the damage is confined to one area, it is sometimes possible to cut the roof to replace only the damaged portion. The roof assembly is usually screwed or nailed down from the top, and attached to the top of the side walls and interior cabinets. Once these screws or fasteners are removed, the roof is lifted off. (The roof wooden rafters and the interior ceiling panels are assembled on the floor and then lifted onto the side walls when the trailer is built at the factory.)
5. Remove any dry rot weakened wood members and copy them exactly or build a complete new framework that copies the original to exact same measurements. Attach new ceiling panels to the framework with glue and staples, using slide in battens to cover the joints between the panels. Mark where the light fixtures are to go and drill access holes for the light wiring. Also cut out the roof vent holes and other through the roof fixture holes.
6. Lift the completed roof and attach it to the sidewalls and interior cabinets. Re-install the wiring and check to make sure all the lights work at this time. Re-install the insulation and then the roof metal. If you have constructed the roof frame correctly, all the holes will line up with the appropriate holes in the frame.
7. Reinstall the moldings and roof top fixtures using new putty tape and then roof coat the fixture edges.
8. Re-install all the interior accessories.
For Furhter Details visit: http://www.buyliquidroof.com